Thursday, March 6, 2008

Vampire Girl


Vampire girl is a natural friend for all the monsters that I will be introducing you to in this blog, Dragonbat, Jello Boy, Super Goth, Space Crocodino, Giroid, Wrinkles, Shroom, Ghost Penguin and of course you already met Space Mummy. Vampire Girl is a very magical young lady, and she can travel to many areas of space and time that would seem very remote to us, especially to play a good chess opponent.
All these strange monstrous figments of my imagination seem to enjoy a game of chess, even though I myself am a little at a loss during a game. I have limited her pallet in this image to just three colours and tried to create her exclusively with vector shapes so I can create a t-shirt with spread shirt that is printed their preferred way, something impossible with a normal jpeg.
Poor Vampire Girl must avoid sunlight, even with shades and her umbrella she just can't abide it. Her name, although it is not common knowledge is Violeta, and her castle exists on a nexus point in space and time.
Vampire Girl is a creation of me and my girlfriend (see our blog http://spiralcattalks.blogspot.com ) and she was inspired by a visit to Mirimar castle in Trieste. The real castle has a spooky twilight aura about it and it is overrun with cats. Vampire Girl's castle is also overrun with cats.
I guess Vampire Girl is a little like Emily the Strange but then again wouldn't we all like to be a little like Emily the Strange. Morticia in the Adams family is also an influence, and that shape changing woman from Space 1999, many, many others of course, Sapphire from Sapphire and Steel is another. I think these female characters who act a little differently to the way society expects are some of the most interesting characters.test

No comments: